This setup form can be used configure Point of Sales (POS) for the use in the program. This form can be accessed from the Miscellaneous section in the Setup module.
Add new or Modify POS with following parameters:
- Point of Sale Name – Enter the name of the POS, this name will identify the POS and will be shown later in a drop-down menu in the User Accounts Setup
- Allowed credit sale terms selection – if set, a user with this POS assigned to can use credit sale terms when entering a sales invoice
- Allowed cash sale terms selection – if set, a user with this POS assigned to can use cash sale terms when entering a sales invoice
- Default cash account – this defines the default cash account to be used in sales invoices
- POS location – This will define the default inventory location to be used for stock in sales invoice
Tips and Tricks
- To disable auto-application of payment and manually apply the payment later, go into the POS setting (setup tab) for the user and change it there.