For security reasons, deleting a transaction is prohibited in the accounting software, instead there is a void mechanism in which only the transactions’s monetary effect is eliminated but its trail remains in the ledgers.
To void a transaction one had to login from the System Administrator’s account and follow the following steps:
- select Type
- select reference number range and click Search
- click Modify icon aside a document
- click Void Transaction on the bottom
- confirm by clicking Proceed
Tips and Tricks
Voiding a transaction cannot be undone in the accounting software. Make a database backup copy before voiding a transaction.
Remember when voiding a Supplier Invoice, the underlying PO Delivery is NOT voided. This is due to that a Supplier Invoice can comprise of several PO Deliveries.
If you want to void it all then this is a 2 step operation.
1. First void the Supplier Invoice
2. Then void the PO delivery(ies).