There are different ways to record payments to GL accounts but the most efficient way in Hisaab ERP is through the GL payment system. Payments to suppliers, miscellaneous purchases, etc. can be entered here. The Quick Entries method is the fastest way to enter simple, reoccurring payments.
- Click on the Banking And General Ledger module.
- Click the Payments Voucher option.
- Under the From drop-down list, select the Bank Accounts from which the payment is to be deducted.
- Under To, select the payee from the drop-down list to whom the payment should be made.
- If the Miscellaneous payee was selected enter the payee’s name; otherwise, select the payee from the drop-down list.
- Select the GL account(s) the payment should be posted to by clicking Add for each one required.
- Enter any notes in the Memo field.
- Click Process Payment when finished.
Tips and Tricks
- Always view your GL posting to make sure that your entry was posted to the right account(s).
- The amount is posted as a credit to the account set in Bank Accounts for the bank selected in the document.
- Use Payments to Suppliers if you want to reconcile the deposit with supplier invoices.