There are several ways to record deposits to GL accounts but the most efficient way in Hisaab ERP is through the GL payment system. Deposits from customers, miscellaneous sales, etc. can be entered here. The Quick Entries method is the fastest way to enter simple, reoccurring deposits.
From the main menu:
- Click on the Banking And General Ledger module.
- Click the Receipt Voucher option.
- Under From, select the payer from the drop-down list from whom the payment should be made.
- If the Miscellaneous payer was selected enter the payer’s name.
- Under the To drop-down list, select the Bank Accounts to which the deposit is registered.
- Select the GL account(s) the deposit should be posted to by clicking Add for each one required.
- Enter any notes in the Memo field.
- Click Process Deposit when finished.
Tips and Tricks
- Always view your GL posting to make sure that your entry was posted to the right account(s).
- The amount is posted as a debit to the account that is set in Bank Accounts for the bank selected in the document.
- Use Customer Payment Entry if you want to reconcile the deposit with customer invoices.